Saturday, January 10, 2015

What Happened to Service for Buyers?

I listed a beautiful home in Glendale recently and had over 200 buyers and a few agents visit my Open Houses. I also had about 40 showings. There were 10 offers. Out of those, four of the agents representing their buyers had never seen or shown the home. In addition, many of the agents from outside our area called and specifically asked “is there going to be an Open House, and then said “oh, good, I will send my clients.” 
Now I understand that with many homes getting multiple offers, the buyer’s agent has a 1 in 4 or 1 in 10 chance of getting the home. So that can be a little daunting. But most things in life are a competition and usually if you “show up” you at least have a chance to “win.” By the way – this home was listed at $1,100,000. 


Why were so many buyers working with Agents who couldn’t take the time to even see the property? What happened to service for buyers?

No comments:

Post a Comment